With 30+ years in journalist, creative, PR, and advertorial (advertising editorial) copywriting, The WriteOne Creative Services provides compelling, exciting, and out-of-the-box copy with the perfect balance of style and voice. From corporate newsletters and press releases to public relations copy and entertainer and corporate bios, the WriteOne Creative Services can handle it all. Owner Deborah Kelley currently hones her craft as a reporter for Tampa Bay News and Lifestyles Magazine, and theatre reviewer for Broadway World, and Creative Loafing.
Past journalism experience includes being a guest editor for AOL Patch, Carrollwood, and Westchase, a freelance reporter for the Tampa Tribune, and Laker Lutz News, an entertainment writer for The Free Press, a vegan food reviewer for CarlosEats.com, a music reviewer for Punch Records US, a theatre reviewer for Groove Magazine, and a freelance reporter for Seedling Magazine.
She is a twice-published author of a children’s early reader, “The Alien & Me” and a young adult fiction anthology, “Damaged Goods.” She has also written and directed numerous one-act plays performed in competition throughout Tampa Bay. In 2019, she was presented with Tampa Bay Theatre Festival’s “Denise Deneen” award for her work in theatre. 2017, she was awarded the Theatre Tampa Bay Jeff Norton Dream Grant to produce a show she wrote about bullying, mental health and gun violence with Peter Nason called “A Necessary Conversation” at Straz Center’s TECO Theatre, donating ticket sales to Moms Demand Action, Tampa. The show went on to win 2018 Broadway World, Tampa Bay’s “Best Actor” and “Best Actress.” The show was nominated in 2020 for Broadway World, Tampa Bay’s “Best Original Script of the Decade.” An expanded version of the play debuted in Powerstories Voices of Truth Theatre Festival in March 2021, and won the “Critic’s Choice” award.
On December 7, 2019, she produced a show of monologues she wrote with the community at Powerstories Theatre called “Breast Advice: An Uplifting Conversation about Boobs” to resounding positive response. The play was nominated for Creative Loafing’s Best of the Bay 2020 “Best Theatre Production” and “Best Playwright.”
Young Adult & Children’s Early Reader
- Creative Loafing interview: Tampa Bay’s Zach D’Onofrio switched from socks to sweaters in his return to ‘American Idol’
- BWW Review: SPYMONKEY’S HYSTERIA at Straz Center For The Performing Arts
- BWW Previews: FOREMOST BRITISH PHYSICAL COMEDY THEATRE COMPANY SPYMONKEY HAS AMERICAN DEBUT, HYSTERIA at Straz Center For The Performing Arts
- BWW Previews: EVAN TYRONE MARTIN SHOWCASES NAT KING COLE THROUGH MUSIC AND STORIES AT The Straz Center For The Performing Arts
- BWW Previews: Before Returning To AMERICA’S GOT TALENT, THE TEXAS TENORS Bring Holiday Magic to The Straz Center For The Performing Arts
- BWW Interview: Seth Black-Diamond of A CHRISTMAS STORY, THE MUSICAL 2018 NATIONAL TOUR DEBUTING at Lutcher Theater
- BWW Previews: AN INTIMATE NIGHT OF CABARET WITH PHANTOM’S JEREMY STOLLE at Straz Center
- BWW Previews: Cindy Williams and MENOPAUSE THE MUSICAL – IT’S GETTING HOT at Straz Center For The Performing Arts
- BWW Previews: Ventriloquist Darci Lynne Farmer Brings Award-Winning Talent To Straz Center For The Performing Arts
- BWW Previews: LITTLE BLACK DRESS MUSICAL CHRONICLES STAGES OF LIFE WITH HUMOR AND HEART at The Straz Center
- BWW Review: THE NEXT AMERICAN IDOL MIGHT JUST COME FROM Dreamhouse Theatre
- BWW Previews: MARGARET CHO A VOICE FOR ALL GENERATIONS COMES to Tampa Improv
- BWW Review: VIOLA DAVIS SLAYED DRAGONS at University Of South Florida Sun Dome
- BWW Review: IT GETS BETTER SHARES MESSAGE OF HOPE at The Straz Center For The Performing Arts
- BWW Preview: TIME TO GET RAUNCHY WITH BELLE BARTH at Carrollwood Players Theater